Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random? Not a chance!!

Last week I spent a few days in Salt Lake City on church business. I found myself with a day all to myself to do whatever I wanted! In a town like Salt Lake there are so many choices but we tend to navigate to what we like so I ended up at The Gateway - a huge outdoor shopping complex!

The Gateway is home to the Clark Planetarium. I had see an advertisement on tv for the new IMAX movie showing there called Hubble 3D. The movie is about the space shuttle's launch last year to save the Hubble telescope. If this launch was not successful, there would be no more pictures received from Hubble.

The movie was incredible - if you live close to Salt Lake, take the time to go see it. Immediately I was transported via Hubble to places in the galaxy I would never imagined! I found myself heading for Orion's belt. Just below these three stars is Orion's nebula. This nebula is 1500 light years away from Earth. It is in this nebula that stars are born. And each star has the potential to become a universe. I witnessed the death of a star that lived 10 billion light years away from earth. I was informed that there could possibly be 100 billion galaxies across the universe.

As I was watching all of these incredible sights, the thought occured to me. How can anyone look at this, see how everything happens according to an unwritten plan and think that this just randomly happened? Think of the last time that you left something to chance and hoped that it worked out fine. I am the walking definition for Murphy's Law. Things in my life usually go off without a hitch when I follow a plan. If I leave things to chance, they usually don't go well.

If we have to plan our lives to ensure things will work out the way they are supposed to, how can we think that the universe is a bunch of random occurances? There is a plan created by the ultimate Master Planner. And if He can create stars that exist 10 billion lights years away from me, He most certainly can help me take care of my life!

Blessings!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment